On this page you will find answers to the most fequently asked questions from new and existing clients. If you have a suggestion for our FAQ page, please contact us.
What kind of services do you offer?
- Kim's Critter Care comes to your home to take care of your pets. We also offer dog walking services Monday through Friday between 8am and 4pm.
- We have experience giving cats and dogs pills, insulin injections, subcutaneous fluids, and asthma inhalers. Animals must be non-aggressive and cooperative with us in order for to us
to give them their medications.
- We are happy to water your indoor plants only.
What services don't you offer?
- We do not board pets in our home.
- We do not offer every other day pet sitting services. We must visit your pets at least once every 24 hours for the safety of your pets and your home.
- We do not offer services to pets that have fleas or have any type of illness that can be easily spread to other pets.
- We do not walk dogs that pull excessively on their leash or dogs that are aggressive with other animals while on their leash.
What is your service area?
- We offer dog walking services to the following areas:
- North Minneapolis, Northeast Minneapolis, & Robbinsdale
- We offer pet sitting services in the following areas:
North Minneapolis, Northeast Minneapolis, Robbinsdale, Crystal, New Hope, Brooklyn Center, southern Brooklyn Park, and Columbia Heights.
How do I become a client of Kim's Critter Care?
- Before we can care for your pets, you will need to contact us for a free, no obligation
consultation. The consultation usually takes about an hour during which time we will provide you with information about our company, complete the paperwork necessary to care for your pets,
& collect two sets of keys to your home.
- We want to make sure that we are a good fit for you & your pets needs, so we normally email you our paperwork packet prior to the consultation appointment to be filled out in advance.
That way, during the consultation appointment, we can spend more time getting to know you & your pets rather than filling out paperwork.
What kind of animals do you care for?
- We have experience caring for cats, dogs, parrots, small reptiles, small amphibians, small mammals, and chickens.
Are there any animals you do not care for?
- We do not provide care for pets that are aggressive, dogs that are not leash trained, or animals that are not legal to own as pets in the state of Minnesota.
- We do not care for farm animals, other than chickens.
What is your payment policy?
- New customers must make payment in full at the time of the initial consultation for their pet sitting or dog walking reservation.
- Existing clients must make payment in full at the time they make their pet sitting or dog walking reservation unless other payment arrangement have been made.
- We accept cash, checks, or payments made via your bank's online payment service.
- We do not accept credit cards or debit cards.
- We do not accept post-dated checks.
What is your cancellation policy?
- We do not give out refunds for pet sitting services or dog walking services.
If more than 72 hours notice is given for a trip cancellation we will credit the client's account for
future pet sitting services which is valid for one year from the date the credit is issued.
- In the event of an early return from a trip, no refunds will be given as we have reserved that time for your pet's care.
We do not give credit for cancelled pet sitting reservations that include a major holiday.
- Cancellations for dog walking must be made at least 12 hours prior to the scheduled dog walk. Less than 12 hours notice and the client will be charged
in full for the canceled walk.
Do you charge extra on holidays? If so, how much and on what holidays?
- A surcharge of equal to the cost of one visit (minimum of $20.00 plus sales tax) per day applies to the following holidays:
- New Year's Eve Day
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve Day
- Christmas Day
What is your severe weather policy?
- We do not walk dogs in potentially dangerous weather conditions such as winter storms, thunderstorms with lightening, when the temperature is extremely cold or hot, as determined by our staff.
- When weather conditions pose a threats to a client’s dogs and/or staff, we will take dogs outside for a short potty break and then provide the dogs with attention and playtime in the safety of
the client’s home.
- We require our clients to give us the contact information of someone who has access to their home that is within walking distance in case dangerous weather conditions prevent us from traveling to
Will you take my dog for a walk after dark?
- After dark, we will only walk a client’s dog on the client’s property for the safety of our sitters and your pets.
Do you have any other policies or procedures regarding your services?